The Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (W.S.I.A.) Regulation 1101 Section (9), (10) and (11) require that ‘Every employer employing more than 5 workers in a workplace in any one shift at the place of employment…(2) shall insure that the first aid station is at all times in the charge of a worker who (a) is the holder of a valid Emergency/Standard First Aid Certificate or its equivalent.
What You'll Learn
Participants will have the knowledge and abilities needed to provide medical care in emergency situations, provide CPR to adults and be able to identify when and how to use an AED.
Who Should Attend?
Mandatory training program for all those who are authorized to operate elevated work platforms.
Topics included but not limited to:
- Scene Management
- EMS System and the 911 System
- Disease Prevention / Blood Bourne Pathogens
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking
- Heart attack/Angina & Stroke/TIA: Recognition
- CPR for adults, children and babies
- Automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Muscle and Joint Injuries: Bleeding and Shock
- Wound Basics (minor cuts, scrapes, punctures, bruises and burns)
- Burns, Poisons, Legislative Considerations
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
- Anaphylactic Shock - Asthma and Allergies
- Diabetic emergencies
- Seizures or Convulsions
- Falls and Full Body Assessment
- Emergency Transport Emergency
In-class or Blended (Online + In-class)
On a successful Written and Practical Assessment, the participant will be provided with a Wallet Card with a validity of 3 years.