Respirator Mask Fit Testing
Because One Size Does NOT Fit All
Monday – Friday (9AM – 5PM)
( No Weekends)
N95 – $50
Half/Full Face – $80*
*Mask & Filter Not Included
Types of Respirator Mask Fit Testing:
N95 Respirator | ½ Facepiece Elastomer | Full-Facepiece Elastomer | Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
3M ½ Facepiece Elastomer
3M Full-Facepiece Respirator
Fit testing involves the proper selection and fit of an air-purifying mask while considering activities performed when wearing a mask. The CSA, OSHA, and NIOSH have several movements designed to evaluate whether or not the mask fits perfectly.
A Respirator Mask Fit Test is performed to confirm that the respirator is fitted correctly to an individual’s face shape and provides the highest degree of protection. Typically, there are two types of tests – Qualitative and Quantitative.
Qualitative Tests – Rely on the wearer’s subjective assessment of face seal leakage. This method uses the wearer’s sense of taste to detect face seal leakage of a test agent.
Quantitative Tests – Can be used to fit test all types of tight-fitting masks, including disposable, half, and full-face masks. These tests give an objective assessment of facial fit and provide a direct numerical result called a Fit Factor.
Workers who wear respirators for their job must get fit tested:
- At least every two years
- If they have lost or gained 15 lbs
- If they are using a new respirator
Before you can be tested for Respirator Mask Fit Testing:
- You must not smoke, eat, chew gum, or drink any liquids (except water) at least 20 minutes before the test
- You must be clean-shaven for the Respirator Protection Training testing procedure
What You’ll Learn
At STS Group, we provide Qualitative (QLFT) and Quantitative (QNFT) fit testing to ensure the effectiveness of a mask’s fit. A successful mask fit candidate will obtain:
- General knowledge about the respirator
- How to properly don/doff the respirator
- Completing seal checks
- How to care for and maintain the respirator
Who Should Attend?
- Healthcare Professionals and Practitioners
- Students in Healthcare Programs
- Workers in Construction and Industrial workplaces
- Laboratory Personnel
- Provide a printed copy of the worker report to the employer
- Provide alternative options to workers if the respirator does not offer a minimum fit factor.
- Offer solutions to control exposure in areas identified as having poor air quality
- Objectively evaluate the fit of masks
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134
- CDC Tuberculosis Guideline
- Joint Commission (LD.1.30)
- OSHA/CDC/WHO Pandemic/Terrorism Preparedness Guidelines
- ANSI Z88.10, CSA Z94.4 (Canada)
Upon successful completion of the fit test, participants will receive:
- Wallet Card
- Record of Training
Think you’re covered?
You might be. But why take the chance.
- Occupational Asthma. Caused by over 300 chemicals and affects 5% of adults each year.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). About 15% of all cases are work-related.
- Lung Cancer. Workplace exposure accounts for 15% of those diagnosed.
Respiratory illnesses are insidious and have a long latency period. You won’t immediately feel the effects. It could take years of repeated exposure to show any symptoms. By the time you find out, it might be too late.
Our Respirator Mask Fit Test teaches you the right way to wear and remove your respirator. We help you find the make, model, type, and size of the mask that comfortably fits your face. A well-fit respirator stops harmful airborne particles from entering your lungs.
Cure Tomorrow’s Illness, Today. Get Respirator Mask Fit Tested.
We can help
STS Group employs multiple Fit Test Certified personnel who will help you find a mask that provides an effective seal.
Following the Canadian Standards Association (CSA Z94.4-02) Selection, Care, and Use of Respirators, our program provides a theoretical and practical component for respiratory protection.
Why choose us?
Convenient – Give us a call and schedule a time that works best for you
In-House and On-Site Testing – Get workers fit tested in your workplace
Group Discounts – Call us now and get a quote!
Certified – Our in-service training is compliant with regulatory standards