The course focuses on self-propelled elevated work platforms (scissor lifts) and self-propelled boom supported elevated work platforms (boom lifts). The use of fall protection equipment is also reviewed.
Legislation: Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2), Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects s.147.1
What You'll Learn
This course will discuss topics relating to the safe use and operation of aerial work platforms including: OHSA legislations, pre-operational inspections, battery care, fall protection, work space or job site hazards.
Who Should Attend?
Mandatory training program for all those who are authorized to (refresher) and those who require first time training to operate elevated work platforms.
Topics included but not limited to:
- Legislative Requirements
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of elevated work platforms
- Authorization of Use
- Common causes of accidents
- Equipment Characteristics
- Stability of Aerial Lift
- Lift capacity and Load Charts
- Pre-use inspection, maintenance and records
- Operating Instructions
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Lift Maintenance
- Operating Hazards and Precautions
- Review of Fall Protection
In-class or Blended (Online + In-class)
On a successful Written and Practical Assessment, the participant will be provided with a Wallet Card with a validity of 3 years.