Qualitative And Quantitative Respiratory Mask Fit Testing
With the COVID-19 pandemic announcement, proper fit is a must!
Proper fit of a workers' N95 mask or half facepiece respirator is essential to ensure maximum filter efficiency.
The STS group fit test program not only fits masks, but provides specific training on the use, criteria for use, donning and removal of the mask, as well as other essential information related to mask use.
Fit testing involves the proper selection and fit of a mask, while considering activities performed when wearing a mask. The CSA, OSHA, NIOSH have either 7 or 8 movements designed to evaluate whether or not the mask fits properly.
Respiratory fit testing provides the employer with objective results and a fit factor for each protocol and an overall fit score. Workers are not exposed to any nebulized liquids, such as saccharin, irritant smoke or Bittrex. At the end of the assessment, the employer is provided with a printout of the worker’s assessment and fit score. This will enable the employer to prove due diligence.
- Provide a printed copy of the workers report to the employer.
- Provide options to workers in the event that a mask does not offer a minimum fit factor and reassess the worker for a different mask.
- Offer solutions to control exposures in areas identified as containing air quality and above acceptable levels as per legislative standards.
- Objectively evaluate the fit of masks.
Healthcare Professionals and Practitioners, Students in Healthcare Programs, Workers who work in Construction and Industrial workplaces, Laboratory Personnel.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134
- CDC Tuberculosis Guideline
- Joint Commission (LD.1.30)
- OSHA/CDC/WHO Pandemic/Terrorism Preparedness Guidelines
- ANSI Z88.10, CSA Z94.4 (Canada)
Just want to Thank You once again for coming out to the office (Brantford) yesterday. The way you handled the mask fitting appointment was professional, informative and overall very well received and appreciated by everyone!
ASK US ANYTHING.
Our team is available now to answer any questions you may have.