Part 1 JH&SC Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification (3 Day)
- Location2833 16th Avenue, (Buttonville Airport) Markham, Ontario. L3R 0P8
- Class Size24
- Duration3 Days 9 am to 5 pm each day
A company Joint Health and Safety Committee (JH&SC) is required where 20 or more workers are regularly employed, where directed by an order issued by a Ministry of Labour Inspector, and/or at a workplace where there is a designated substance.
This program has been specifically designed with the Adult Learning strategies and principals. this insures participants leave with the immediate capability to positively recommend improvements to the employer and supervisor.
25 in stockENQUIRE NOW
Target Audience: Managers, Supervisors, Workers and Members of the JHSC committee
Legislation: The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations S.9
- Introduction to JHSC’s
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- an in depth learning module of legislative standards affecting the roles and responsibilities of JH&SC Members
- Health and Safety Programs and Policies
- JHSC Members Powers and Rights
- Duties and Responsibilities of Workplace Parties
- Hazard Assessments – Recognition, Assessment and Controlling Hazards
- Workplace Inspections and Reporting
- Investigations Processes
- Staying current
Evaluation: In-class assignments. Participants are required to complete the Written Assessment and must pass with a 75% or higher
Certification: Once JHSC Part 1 is completed, participants will receive a certificate of successful completion.
Validity Period: 3 years after which time a 1 day refresher is required
You may also like…
WSIB Approved Standard First Aid and CPR/Defibrillator TrainingAdd to cart
This WSIB Approved 2 day First Aid training program is required for employers employing more than 5 workers in any one shift. The dynamic learning environment address typical first aid scenario’s in a fast paced, fun and interactive training environment.
WSIB Approved Emergency First Aid and CPR/Defibrillator TrainingAdd to cart
This WSIB Approved 1 day First Aid training program is required for employers employing 5 or fewer workers in any one shift. The dynamic learning environment address typical first aid scenario’s in a fast paced, fun and interactive training environment.