JHSC Part 1 Basic Certification 2016
- LocationClient Location or STS Group location
- Class SizeMinimum 6 - Maximum 25
- Duration3 Days (19.5 Hours)
A MOL Approved Part 1 JHSC Basic Certification training program that is offered as a 3 day course (19.5 hours). Required for JHSC members to become Certified.
25 in stockENQUIRE NOW
Target Audience: Managers, Workers, and Members of Company JHSC
Legislation: The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations S.9
Course Overview: A MOL approved Part 1 JHSC Basic Certification training program that is offered as a 3 day course (19.5 hours). This is required for JHSC members and is useful for supervisors to prove competency in their position.
Currently, the requirement to complete JHSC Part 1 is 2 days (16 hours). Effective March 01, 2016, MOL standards will require the JHSC Part 1 to be completed in 3 days (19.5 hours).
- Introduction to JHSC
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Health and Safety Programs and Policies
- JHSC Members Powers and Rights
- Duties and Responsibilities of Workplace Parties
- Hazard Assessments – Recognition, Assessment, and Controlling Hazards
- Workplace Inspections
- Reporting and Investigations Processes
Evaluation: In-Class Assignments and Written Assessment
Certification: Basic Certification Letter from the MOL and STS Group Wall Certificate of Completion.
Validity Period: 3 years