Basics of Supervison for Construction
- LocationClient Location or STS Location
- Class SizeMinimum 6 - 25 Maximum
- Duration2 Days (16 hours)
A competent supervisor is key to a successful health and safety program.
25 in stockENQUIRE NOW
Target Audience: Front Line Supervisors, Managers, Plant Managers or Supervisors, Construction Managers, Construction Supervisors
Legislation: OHSA S.25, S.26, S.27 and S.28, Criminal Code of Canada, WSIA, Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code.
Course Overview: The Tony Dean Report addressed an opportunity for the improvement of supervisory skills. The STS Group Basic Supervisors Training provides specific strategies for being an effective supervisor, which is designed specifically to exceed the standard set out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act. This training program incorporates several modules, and training duration is based on the experience and training history of your supervisors.
The highest level of STS Group Basic Supervisor Training is intended for all levels of supervision, and not just front line supervisors. Our training incorporates the key aspects of the JHSC Part 1 Certification training program, workplace specific hazards, and evolves into strategies used by the most successful executives, managers and Supervisors in industry today.
- Legislation referencing and non-Compliance
- General duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers
- Strategic planning
- Ministry of Labour interventions
- Workplace inspections and hazard assessments
- Work stoppage and work refusal process and the role of the supervisor
- Accident investigation and accident reporting
- Critical injuries and fatalities
- Early and safe return to work
- New employee orientation training
- Transferred employee training
- Co-operative corrective action program
- Effective communication strategies
- Behaviour observation
- Responding to recommendations
- Resources for the supervisor
Evaluation: In-Class Assignments and Written Assessment
Certification: Wall Certificate
Validity: No expiry