This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Workplace Harassment and Violence Training
January 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Why You Need It
Workplace harassment and violence can affect all business sectors and occupations. STS Group’s compliant Workplace Harassment and Violence Training provides the participant with a basic knowledge and understanding of legislated standards and requirements.
Failure to prevent inappropriate or unacceptable behaviors has financial consequences. Costs are associated with: investigation time, loss of productivity, poisoned working environment, absenteeism, and worst case scenario, loss-time injuries. Workers directly or indirectly affected by workplace harassment and violence suffer anxiety and may become less productive and less committed to their work.
All provincial and federal legislation requires the employers to train workers on harassment and violence prevention.
This basic training program is designed to assist the employer, supervisors and employees to understand legislative requirements and best practice standards related to workplace harassment and violence.
The STS Group’s workplace harassment and violence training program is developed and delivered based on legislative standards and best practices.
This course defines the terms associated with workplace harassment and violence. It explains obligation of all workplace parties to assess and re-assess, report, and participate in investigations related to workplace harassment and violence.
Employers, Supervisors and Workers in both federal and provincial workplaces.
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Definitions under the applicable legislation
- Legislative changes and impact on the employer and supervisor
- Workplace Harassment and Violence Hazard Assessment
- Elements of Workplace Harassment and Violence Policies and Programs
- Understanding Workplace Harassment including Sexual Harassment
- Worker training
- Prevention and Controls for Workplace Harassment and Violence
- Investigating and managing reports of harassment