This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
JHSC Part 1
March 1 @ 8:00 am - March 3 @ 5:00 pm$480
STS Group is approved by the Ontario Chief Prevention Officer to provide the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) training. A Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) is comprised of worker and employer representatives. The goal is to be mutually committed to enhancing health and safety in the workplace. The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires certification of at least two members of a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) for organizations with 20 or more employees. This course provides students the knowledge to fulfill the duties of a JHSC certified member and to support the workplace parties in understanding their roles as part of the Internal Responsibility System in preventing occupational injuries and illnesses.
Topics included but not limited to:
- Introduction to JHSCs
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Health and Safety Programs and Policies
- JHSC Members Powers and Rights
- Duties and Responsibilities of Workplace Parties
- Hazard Assessments – Recognition, Assessment and Controlling Hazards
- Workplace Inspections and Reporting
- Investigations Processes