Standard First Aid/CPR
- LocationClient Location or STS Offices
- Class SizeMinimum 6 - For group sizes of 10 or more, call (416) 635-7800.
- Duration2 Days (16 Hours)
STS Group is approved by the WSIB to deliver Emergency and Standard First Aid/CPR training.
12 in stockENQUIRE NOW
Target Audience: All JHSC Members, Supervisors, Designated Employees
Legislation: Ont. Regulation 1101 First Aid Requirements
Course Overview: STS Group is approved by the WSIB to deliver Emergency and Standard First Aid/CPR training.
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (W.S.I.A.) Regulation 1101 Section (9),(10) and (11) require that ‘Every employer employing more than 5 workers in a workplace in any one shift at the place of employment…(2) shall insure that the first aid station is at all times in the charge of a worker who (a) is the holder of a valid…Emergency/Standard First Aid Certificate or its equivalent…’
- Emergency Scene Management
- EMS System and the 911 System
- Disease Prevention / Blood Bourne Pathogens
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking
- Heart Attack and Strokes: Recognition
- Treatment and Risk Factors
- Adult Rescue Breathing and CPR
- Muscle and Joint Injuries: Bleeding and Shock
- Burns, Poisons, Legislative Considerations
- Choking Emergencies
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
- Asthma and Allergies
- Seizures and Diabetes
- Falls and Full Body Assessment
- Emergency Transport
- Airway Management
- Scene Management
Evaluation: Written and Practical Assessment
Certification: Wallet Card
Our instructors have been carefully selected and trained to deliver training that meets the WSIB requirements.