This course is ideal for both new and experienced operators, as it is designed to reinforce the importance of proper safety and material handling techniques.
Forklift Classifications and Types
- Class I: Electric Motor Rider Trucks
- Class II: Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Trucks
- Class III: Electric Motor Hand Trucks or Hand/Rider Trucks
- Class IV: Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Trucks with Cushion Tires
- Class V: Internal Combustion Engine Trucks with Pneumatic Tires
- Class VI: Electric and Internal Combustion Engine Tractors
- Class VII: Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks
What You'll Learn
Forklift Safety Training
Participants will learn the importance of using the operators manual to complete machine specific preoperational inspections and safe use. This training focuses on the use of equipment in the endless guest to ensure a safe working environment.
Depending on your needs, our forklift license training includes several lessons, including techniques such as counterbalance, walkie, clamp truck, scissor lift, and more. The program includes the following:
- Basic movements
- Operating with area
- Basic Lifting
- Stacking + Racking
- Loading + Unloading trailer
- Special Operations
Who Should Attend?
Mandatory for all workers who operate forklifts.
Topics include but are not limited to the following areas of training:
- Legislative Requirements
- Causes of Forklift Accidents and Incidents
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Hazard Identification: Eliminating and Controlling
- Forklift Safe Operation Procedures
- Forklift Pre-Use Inspection, maintenance and records
- Centre of Gravity
- Lift capacity and load limitations of forklift
- Speed, Acceleration, Sharp Cornering
- Forklift Components
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
Forklift Training course is designed using parameters set out by:
- CSA Standard B335-15 – The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (B335-15) identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. The practical evaluation of the forklift operator training course requires operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851. INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS and Reg. 213/91 construction project as it pertains to lift truck safety.
In-class or Blended (Online + In-class)
On a successful Written and Practical Assessment, the participant will be provided with a Wallet Card with a validity of 3 years.