STS Group’s CPO approved Working at Heights training program delivers mandatory baseline training which is mandatory for all workers who work on construction sites and are exposed to risks of fall.
The employer or supervisor is required to provide specific training on the types of equipment used on site. STS Group also offers fall protection training specific to equipment and according to workers’ needs.
STS Group’s approved training program provides workers with the required knowledge for working at heights safely. Students will obtain hands-on use in connecting different types of fall protection equipment and inspecting the components of selected fall protection equipment.
What You'll Learn
This course addresses safe practices and procedures as specified in Construction Regulation by the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Students will obtain hands-on use in connecting different types of fall protection equipment and inspecting the components of selected fall protection equipment.
Who Should Attend?
WAH is mandatory for all construction workers who work at heights or at risk of falling. Many job candidates take it upon themselves to complete the certification before an interview, as a way to increase their odds of getting hired.
Topics included but not limited to:
Part One: Basic Theory
- Introduction to Working at Heights
- Rights and Responsibilities (OHSA)
- Fall Hazard Identification and Controls
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Ladders and Similar Equipment
- Introduction to Personal Fall Protection Equipment
Part Two: Practical Equipment
- Introduction to Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Travel Restraint System
- Fall Restricting System
- Fall Arrest System
- Understanding the Components of Personal Fall Protection Systems
- The Anchor Point
- Full Body Harness
- Connecting Lanyard and Lifeline
- Shock Absorber
- Locking Snap Hook and Carabiner
- Inspection of Personal Fall Protection Components
- Connecting Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Rescue Plan
Upon successful completion of the evaluation participants will receive wallet card and record of training.
Certification is valid for three years from the date of training.