This course defines the terms associated with workplace violence and harassment. It explains employer’s obligation to assess and re-assess the risks of workplace violence and harassment.
- Risk Assessment
- Policy and Program
What You’ll Learn
Workplace harassment and violence can affect all business sectors and occupations. STS Group’s customized Workplace Harassment and Violence Risk Assessment service, Program Development and Training is unique for each organization.
Failure to prevent inappropriate or unacceptable behaviors has financial consequences. Costs are associated with: investigation time, loss of productivity, poisoned working environment, absenteeism, and worst case scenario, loss-time injuries. Workers directly or indirectly affected by workplace harassment and violence suffer anxiety and may become less productive and less committed to their work.
All provincial and federal legislation requires the employers to perform a written risk assessment, develop workplace harassment and violence prevention policies as well as a training program which is specifically designed to implement these policies.
This comprehensive three-stage program (assessment, policy and program, and training) is designed to assist the employer, supervisors and employees to identify and manage risks and controls associated with workplace harassment and violence.
Who Should Attend?
Employers, Supervisors and Workers in both federal and provincial workplaces.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Definitions under the applicable legislation
- Legislative changes and impact on the employer and supervisor
- Workplace Harassment and Violence Hazard Assessment
- Elements of Workplace Harassment and Violence Policies and Programs
- Understanding Workplace Harassment including Sexual Harassment
- Worker training
- Prevention and Controls for Workplace Harassment and Violence
- Investigating and managing reports of harassment
In-class, Virtual or Blended (Online + In-class)
On a successful Written Assessment, the participant will be provided with a Wallet Card and a Wall Certificate.