STS Group’s Emergency First Aid/CPR/AED training is approved by the WSIB. This basic 1-day course offers lifesaving first aid and CPR skills that will ensure participants are prepared to provide assistance and practical advice in medical emergencies.
What You’ll Learn
Participants will have the knowledge and abilities needed to provide medical care in emergency situations, provide CPR to adults and be able to identify when and how to use an AED.
Who Should Attend?
Any individual who wants or needs first aid and CPR/AED training for all people – infants, children and adults. This course can be customized for your workplace.
Topics include but are not limited to the following modules:
- Preparing to respond – Legislation, priorities, regulation 1101 requirements
- Choking rescue Conscious and Unconscious (Adult or child)
- Helping when a person Falls, suffers fractures and/or cuts
- Bone, Muscle and joint Injuries
- Recognition and treatment of head and spinal injuries
- Identification and treatment of shock
- Wound basics (minor cuts, scrapes, punctures, burns)
- Treating burns
- Circumstances and treatment of poisons
- Causes and treatment of seizures
- CPR for Adults and Defibrillator use
In-class or Blended (Online + In-class)