Health & Safety Excellence Program (HSEp) Application
Ready to transform your workplace with the STS Group’s
Health and Safety Excellence Program (HSEp)?
Take the first step by filling out the application form below.
Companies that successfully participate in the program can
look forward to earning rebates, along with additional
non-financial recognition for their dedication to enhancing
health and safety standards.
"*" indicates required fields
Included in Your Registration Fee
– Orientation meetings and topic sessions led by health and safety professionals
– One-on-one support from an STS Group representative throughout the program cycle
– Access to a members-only website featuring various tools and resources
– Review of action plan evidence prior to WSIB validation
– Excellence program members and their employees are eligible for a 10% discount on selected courses, conferences, workshops, and consulting services
Terms and Conditions of Participation
– Employers must submit a completed application to STS Group to be registered in the Excellence program.
– Employers can only register with one Program Provider and cannot switch during their Excellence program cycle unless approved by WSIB.
– Employers applying to participate in the Excellence program must have an active account in good standing with WSIB. An employer experiencing a traumatic fatality will be disqualified during that cycle from participating in the rebate.
– Members who leave the program cycle will not receive a refund on their registration.
– Employers must maintain regular contact with STS Group. Any change in the employer’s point of contact must be communicated to STS Group.
– It is highly recommended that employers complete a program orientation session (virtual/live).
– Employers are responsible for their success in the program. STS Group will provide support, coaching, and health and safety guidance.
– Employers participating in the Excellence program are required to select up to five topics from the available options set out by WSIB.
– Employers must submit their topic action plan to STS Group within 60 calendar days of accessing the WSIB digital portal.
– Employers are required to submit evidence demonstrating the implementation of their chosen topic(s) within 11 months of submitting the action plan or earlier.
– Employers will only be validated on topics where evidence has been submitted. If topic(s) are deferred, the employer must notify STS Group.
– WSIB will review all evidence submitted by the employer, and some employers may be selected for an on-site validation. If selected, employers must allow WSIB access to all locations under the account number.
– An employer who declines to participate in an on-site validation will not receive any recognition, financial or non-financial.
– Both Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 firms can participate; however, financial rebates are available for Schedule 1 employers only. Schedule 2 employers are eligible for non-financial rewards.
– Employers are encouraged to participate in networking activities with other members. As part of group networking opportunities, a member’s contact name and email, along with their selected topics, may be posted on the STS Group Member Community Site.
– Employers and their employees may be asked to participate in questionnaires or surveys as part of the ongoing Health and Safety Excellence program evaluation.
– Employers are required to ensure a safe and healthy working relationship when working with STS Group.
– Employers are required to adhere to the Excellence program requirements as outlined in the WSIB Health and Safety Excellence program requirements.
– Employers must inform STS Group if the business is sold, transferred, amalgamated, merged, closed, or undergoes a change in ownership or discontinuation during program participation.