Traffic control person plays a vital role in road safety. They ensure that motorists are aware of road construction activity in the area and control traffic. This program explains the techniques, equipment and legal requirements for traffic control persons in a construction environment.
The roles of a traffic control personal are described as:
- Guiding traffic safely through construction sites by stopping, slowing or directing vehicles.
- Regulating traffic as needed to protect workers.
- Giving clear directions and signals, so drivers understand exactly what to do.
- Controlling traffic without causing more congestion or delay than necessary.
What You'll Learn
Through this program participants will learn the techniques, equipment and legal requirements for traffic control persons in a construction environment.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and managers who are planning temporary change in traffic flow due to work activities individuals who are submitting a traffic control plan to a municipality or province for approval and any employee involved in traffic control procedure (signal) personal.
Topics included but not limited to:
- Course Introduction
- Related Government Legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of workers and supervisors
- Job preparation
- Traffic protection plan
- Stop and Slow signs and hand signals
- Traffic Control Person authority
- Communication requirements
- Personal protective equipment
- Prevention and control methods
In-class or Blended (Online + In-class)
On a successful Written and Practical Assessment, the participant will be provided with a Wallet Card and a Wall Certificate valid for 3 years.