Being a leading cause of traumatic fatalities and injuries in Canadian workplaces and homes, the risk of using a ladder is often underestimated. STS Group’s ladder safety training program is designed to increase ladder safety awareness for use both at home and in workplaces.
- Lock-Out Tag-Out Training
- Occupational Health and Safety Training
- Joint Healthy and Safety Committee Training
What You’ll Learn
STS Group’s Ladder Training Program provides the participants with essential knowledge on ladder types and applications in various work and personal scenarios. The STS Group’s practical scenarios provide the essential skills to work safely and effectively on ladders. Participants will be required the demonstrate the ability to set up and use different ladder types.
This training provides a baseline of knowledge to the participants. The employer or supervisor is still required to provide training on the specific ladder types used in the workplace.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, workers, JHSC members, safety representatives, and individuals using a ladder in the workplace.
Topics include but are not limited to the following areas of training:
- Introduction to ladders types
- Rights and Responsibilities (OHSA)
- Fall Hazard Identification and Controls
- Proper ladder set up
- Introduction to Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Ladder Pre-use Safety Inspection
- Ladder set up
- Step Ladder
- Platform Ladder
- Straight Ladder
- Extension Ladder
- All participants will be required to demonstrate the ability to safely climb and descend a ladder
In-class or Blended (Online + In-class)
The participant will be provided with a Wallet Card with a validity of 3 years.