STS Group’s Health and Safety Representative training is a half-day, instructor led course which is designed to provide workers of federally-regulated companies with the necessary tools and skills required to make effective recommendations to management through knowledge, inspection, and communication.
What You’ll Learn
Participants will learn how to complete a comprehensive risk assessment and use that knowledge and provide recommend to the employer to improve the wellbeing of the workers at the worksite.
Who Should Attend?
Chief Executive Officers, Vice Presidents, Managers, Supervisors and Employees who were either voted or appointed as an organizations Health and safety Representative, Work Place Health and Safety Committee or Policy Health and Safety Committee which are within the federal jurisdiction such as, but not limited to:
- Highway transport
- Telephone and telegraph systems
- Ferries, tunnels and bridges
- Shipping and shipping services
- Radio and television broadcasting and cable systems
- Legislation prescribed by Part II of the Canada Labour Code
- Rights, duties and responsibilities of the workplace parties;
- Common workplace hazards at federal organisation
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation (RACE methodology) of hazard controls;
- Applying the RACE methodology (recognize, assess, control and evaluate) to a workplace hazard; and
- Health and safety resources available to the workplace parties.
- In addition to a basic training program, it should take sector specific health and safety training to address hazards that are specific to their workplaces
- Incident investigation
- Enforcement and consequences of non-compliance
- Criminal liability
- Preparing, planning and providing structured recommendation to employer
In-class or Blended (Online + In-class)
On a successful Written and Practical Assessment, the participant will be provided with a Wallet Card and a Wall Certificate.