WSIB Approved Emergency First Aid and CPR/Defibrillator Training
- LocationButtonville Municipal Airport 2833 16th Avenue, Markham, Ontario. L3R-0P8
- Class Size12
- Duration1 day
This WSIB Approved 1 day First Aid training program is required for employers employing 5 or fewer workers in any one shift. The dynamic learning environment address typical first aid scenario’s in a fast paced, fun and interactive training environment.
This class encompasses the first day of the Standard First aid training program. The skills learned in first aid training programs are life skills and are most often applied when least expected. STS Group first aid training balances theory and practical modules in the class to ensure participants are prepared to provide assistance and practical advice in medical emergencies.
Topics for this training session include, and are not limited to to following modules:
- Preparing to respond – Legislation, priorities, regulation 1101 requirements.
- Choking rescue Conscious and Unconscious (Adult, child, Infant)
- Offering assistance where a person Falls, suffers fractures and/or cuts
- Bone, Muscle and joint Injuries.
- recognition and treatment of head and spinal injuries
- Identification and treatment of shock,
- Treating burns,
- Circumstances and treatment of poisons,
- Causes and treatment of seizures; and,
- CPR for Adults and Defibrillator use.
Participants are assessed through the training program for the ability to demonstrate competencies for each training module. At the end of the session participants are required to complete a written assessment and achieve a mark of 75% or higher
Participants will receive a wallet certificate upon successful completion and a wall certificate will be mailed following the class.
Validity period is 3 years – 1 day refresher is acceptable if completed prior to expiry date.