JHSC Part 2 Workplace-Specific Hazard Training Certification 1996
- LocationMontecassino Hotel - 3710 Chesswood Dr, Toronto, ON
- Class SizeOnsite available
- Duration1 Day (8 hours) or 2 Days (16 hours - 9 am to 5 pm each day)
MOL approved Part 2 JHSC Workplace Specific Hazard Training Certfication program that is offered as a 1 or 2-day course. Required for JHSC members to become Certified.
25 in stockENQUIRE NOW
Target Audience: Managers, Supervisors, Workers and Members of the JHSC
Legislation: The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations S.9
Course Overview: MOL Approved Part 2 JHSC Workplace Specific Hazard Training Certification program that was designed to address common workplace hazards, how to assess and control or eliminate these hazards and to build on the methods taught in the JHSC Part 1 training program. This program is required for any individual who is seeking to become a Certified JHSC Member and has completed their Part 1 JHSC training.
Currently, the requirement to complete JHSC Part 2 is 1 day (8 hours). Effective March 01, 2016, the MOL standards will require the JHSC Part 2 to be completed in 2 days (16 hours).
October 1, 2015 – MOL Announces New Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) Certification Standard
New JHSC Standards effective March 1 2016.
The minimum hours for training are:
- Part One training – three days (or 19.5 hours), used to be 2 days
- Part Two training – two days (or 13 hours), used to be minimum 1 day
- Refresher training – one day (or 6.5 hours), this is a new requirement
- Workplace Specific Hazard Assessment (participants conduct a risk assessment after completing JHSC Part 1)
- Specific Hazards for different types of industries: Manufacturing, Construction, Industrial, etc.
- Hazard identification, assessment, control or eliminate, implementing and re-assessing control measures (RACER methodology)
Prerequisites: JHSC Part 1 Basic Certification required
Certification: JHSC Part 2 Workplace Specific Hazard Certification, Certified JHSC Member Wallet Card
Validity Period: No expiry date if completed by Mar. 1, 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the changes?
The 1996 Certification Standards remain in effect until February 29, 2016 and the new standard begins on March 1, 2016. JHSC training can only be taken by an MOL approved training provider and must be taken within 6 months of each other.
2. What if I am certified before March 1st?
Certified JHSC members who completed both Part 1 and Part 2 training under the 1996 standard prior to March 1st will continue to be certified and will not be required to complete any further training under the new JHSC Certification Standards, including the Refresher training. You are certified for life.
3. What if I am not certified before March 1st?
Certified JHSC members who completed both Part 1 and Part 2 training under the new 2016 standard after March 1st will need to complete refresher training every 3 years.
4. What if I have completed Part 1 training before March 1st but not Part 2?
As of March 1st, JHSC members who have completed only Part 1 training under the 1996 standard will have to complete Part 2 training under the new 2016 standard in order to be certified, and will be required to take refresher training to maintain their certification. Refresher training will need to be completed every 3 years.
5. How does this affect me?
The changes will result in 5 mandatory training days versus the minimum 3.5 days now. This will increase your costs and in turn will have a loss of productivity. As part of the new standard it will be mandatory to complete refresher training every 3 years. Provincial employers in Ontario employing 20 or more regularly employed workers must have a Joint Health and Safety Committee consisting of at least two certified members. Effective committees can assist the employer in reducing the risk of occupational illness and injury.
Completion of STS Group’s JHSC Certification Part 2 training program is the final step in becoming a Certified Member of your JHSC. STS Group is an MOL approved training provider for the Part 2 Certification.
BOOK BY JAN. 10 AND RECEIVE A 5% DISCOUNT!