Fall Arrest / Fall Protection Training for Non Construction
- LocationClient Location
- Class Size6 Minimum
- Duration4 Hours
Working at Heights in sectors other than construction.
100 in stockENQUIRE NOW
Target Audience: This is a required training program for those working at heights, at a risk of a fall into equipment or liquids or a fall of 3 metres or more.
Legislation: OHSA S. 25(2)(A), (D) and (H), S. 27 & 28, Ont. Regulation 851 S. 85
Course Overview: Everyday, workers are killed as a result of falling from heights. Be sure your employees receive industry leading training, delivered by industry leading specialists who have first hand experience using the right equipment, at the right time. STS Group trainers help to ensure that employees working at heights receive the necessary knowledge, training and experience and can identify all working at heights hazards as well as follow legislative standards.
- Duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and those of workers
- Three Basic Rights of Workers
- Regulation 851- sections that discuss the protection of workers who are working at heights
- What is Fall Prevention
- What is Fall Arrest
- How to use ladders safely
- Scaffold systems
- Elevated work platforms- tie offs and safe usage.
- Lifting Cages – the do’s and don’ts
- Protective covers
- Guardrail systems
- Travel Restraint systems
- Fall Arrest Systems including Life Lines
- Safe anchor systems
- Shock absorbers – do you have the right one?
- Fall Arrest Planning
- Emergency Rescue- Are you prepared?
Evaluation: In-Class Case Studies and Assignments, Written and Practical Assessments
Certification: Record of training, wallet and wall certificate
Validity: 3 years
Additional Pricing: call our office at (416) 635-7800 for group rates of 7 or more participants.