The Forklift Training courses from STS group are OHSA+CSA based program which are designed to provide the operator with the skills and knowledge required to be a Safe Forklift Operator. This course is ideal for both new and experienced operators, as it is designed to reinforce the importance of proper safety and material handling techniques.
- Legislative Requirements
- Causes of Forklift Accidents and Incidents
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Hazard Identification: Eliminating and Controlling
- Forklift Safe Operation Procedures
- Forklift Pre-Use Inspection, maintenance and records
- Centre of Gravity
- Lift capacity and load limitations of forklift
- Speed, Acceleration, Sharp Cornering
- Forklift Components
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
- Forklift Training course is designed using parameters set out by:
- CSA Standard B335-15 – The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (B335-15) identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. The practical evaluation of the forklift operator training course requires operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851. INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS as it pertains to lift truck safety.
Forklift Classifications and Types
- Class I: Electric Motor Rider Trucks
- Class II: Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Trucks
- Class III: Electric Motor Hand Trucks or Hand/Rider Trucks
- Class IV: Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Trucks with Cushion Tires
- Class V: Internal Combustion Engine Trucks with Pneumatic Tires
- Class VI: Electric and Internal Combustion Engine Tractors
- Class VII: Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks
Forklift Safety Training
STS training program will educate individuals on how to prevent accidents and stay safe when operating these equipments. Our instructors will help you to learn how to handle your forklift when working with hazardous goods, reduce the risk of falls from the machine, safely transport materials, and create a safe work environment.
Depending on your needs, our forklift license training includes several lessons, including techniques such as counterbalance, walkie, clamp truck, scissor lift, and more. The program includes the following:
- Learn how to move goods using a forklift
- Loading, unloading, and managing heavy loads
- Remove finished goods from a warehouse or a facility
- Inventory check, wrap loads, and tag products
- Forklift inspections, including pre-shift examination, battery and propane checks, and more
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a wallet card certificate for their records.