This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Workplace Violence and Harassment Comprehensive Service and Training
January 31, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Why You Need It
Workplace harassment and violence can affect all business sectors and occupations. STS Group’s customized Workplace Harassment and Violence Risk Assessment service, Program Development and Training is unique for each organization.
Failure to prevent inappropriate or unacceptable behaviors has financial consequences. Costs are associated with: investigation time, loss of productivity, poisoned working environment, absenteeism, and worst case scenario, loss-time injuries. Workers directly or indirectly affected by workplace harassment and violence suffer anxiety and may become less productive and less committed to their work.
All provincial and federal legislation requires the employers to perform a written risk assessment, develop workplace harassment and violence prevention policies as well as a training program which is specifically designed to implement these policies.
This comprehensive three-stage program (assessment, policy and program, and training) is designed to assist the employer, supervisors and employees to identify and manage risks and controls associated with workplace harassment and violence.
This course defines the terms associated with workplace violence and harassment. It explains employer’s obligation to assess and re-assess the risks of workplace violence and harassment.
- Risk Assessment – The STS Group’s Auditors will attend on site and conduct a
- Policy and Program
Employers, Supervisors and Workers in both federal and provincial workplaces.
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Definitions under the applicable legislation
- Legislative changes and impact on the employer and supervisor
- Workplace Harassment and Violence Hazard Assessment
- Elements of Workplace Harassment and Violence Policies and Programs
- Understanding Workplace Harassment including Sexual Harassment
- Worker training
- Prevention and Controls for Workplace Harassment and Violence
- Investigating and managing reports of harassment