Quickly find any course by date or keyword below.
- This course has passed.
Standard First Aid, CPR and AED training: 2 days / 16 Hrs.
February 2 @ 8:00 am - February 3 @ 5:00 pm$1250
Duration: 2 Days / 16 Hrs.
STS Group is an approved WSIB provider of Standard First Aid/CPR/AED training. Our instructors have been carefully selected and trained to deliver training that meets the WSIB requirements.
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (W.S.I.A.) Regulation 1101 Section (9), (10) and (11) require that ‘Every employer employing more than 5 workers in a workplace in any one shift at the place of employment…(2) shall insure that the first aid station is at all times in the charge of a worker who (a) is the holder of a valid…Emergency/Standard First Aid Certificate or its equivalent…’
Topics for this training session include but are not limited to the following modules:
- Scene Management
- EMS System and the 911 System
- Disease Prevention / Blood Bourne Pathogens
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking (Adults, children and babies)
- Heart attack/Angina & Stroke/TIA: Recognition
- CPR for adults, children and babies
- Automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Muscle and Joint Injuries: Bleeding and Shock
- Wound Basics (minor cuts, scrapes, punctures, bruises and burns)
- Burns, Poisons, Legislative Considerations
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
- Anaphylactic Shock - Asthma and Allergies
- Diabetic emergencies
- Seizures or Convulsions (includes infant/child high fever)
- Falls and Full Body Assessment
- Emergency Transport Emergency
Written and Practical Assessment
Wallet Card – Valid for 3 years