This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Scissor Lift / Boom Lift / Aerial Lift
February 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course will provide operators with an understanding of the hazards associated with operating aerial lifting devices, the proper inspection and safe operation of the devices. The course focuses on self-propelled elevated work platforms (scissor lifts) and self-propelled boom supported elevated work platforms (boom lifts). Fall Arrest use with an aerial lifting device is also covered in this training.
Legislation: Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2), Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects s.147.1
Mandatory training program for all those who are authorized to operate elevated work platforms.
- Legislative Requirements
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of elevated work platforms
- Authorization of Use
- Common causes of accidents
- Equipment Characteristics
- Stability of Aerial Lift
- Lift capacity and Load Charts
- Pre-use inspection, maintenance and records
- Operating Instructions
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Lift Maintenance
- Operating Hazards and Precautions
- Review of Fall Protection
All lifting devices must be provided and certified as per Ont. Reg. 851.
Written and Practical Assessment
Wall and wallet certificate