This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Ontario Health And Safety Representative Training
February 7, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$150
Why You Need It
STS Group Inc. offers industry leading, one day Health and Safety Representative training. If your organization employs between 6 - 19 workers and/or have between 1-5 workers and have a designated substance on site or MOL Inspector orders you to have a Health and Safety Representative, then this is the compliance program best suited for your workplace Health and Safety Representatives.
Section 8 of Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) outlines the duties and powers of Health and Safety Representative. A new amendment to this section 8 (5.1-5.3), requires all the employer or constructor to ensure that Heath and Safety Representative receive training that enables them to exercise their powers and perform their duties effectively.
STS Group’s Health and Safety Representative training is a full day course and it is designed to provide the necessary tools and skills to make effective recommendations to management through knowledge, inspection, and communication.
Employers, Supervisors and Workers in both federal and provincial workplaces including:
- Health care
- Occupational health and safety and the law;
- Rights, duties and responsibilities of the workplace parties;
- Duties and responsibilities of the HSR under the OHSA;
- Common workplace hazards;
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation (RACE methodology) of hazard controls;
- Applying the RACE methodology (recognize, assess, control and evaluate) to a workplace hazard; and
- Health and safety resources available to the workplace parties.
- In addition to a basic HSR training program, HSRs should take sector specific health and safety training to address hazards that are specific to their workplaces
Refresher training every 3 years is recommended, although not mandatory.