This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Ladder Safety Training
February 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$89
Why You Need It
Being a leading cause of traumatic fatalities and injuries in Canadian workplaces and homes, the risk of using a ladder is often underestimated. STS Group’s ladder safety training program is designed to increase ladder safety awareness for use both at home and in workplaces.
STS Group’s Ladder Training Program provides the participants with essential knowledge on ladder types and applications in various work and personal scenarios. The STS Group’s practical scenarios provide the essential skills to work safely and effectively on ladders. Participants will be required the demonstrate the ability to set up and use different ladder types.
This training provides a baseline of knowledge to the participants. The employer or supervisor is still required to provide training on the specific ladder types used in the workplace.
Part 1: Theory Based
- Introduction to ladders types
- Rights and Responsibilities (OHSA)
- Fall Hazard Identification and Controls
- Proper ladder set up
- Introduction to Personal Fall Protection Equipment
Part 2: Practical Based
- Ladder Pre-use Safety Inspection
- Ladder set up
- Step Ladder
- Platform Ladder
- Straight Ladder
- Extension Ladder
- All participants will be required to demonstrate the ability to safely climb and descend a ladder