This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Introduction to Part II of the Canada Labour Code
February 25, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$199
Why You Need It
Part II of the Canada Labour Code relates to Occupational health and safety and reflects the desire to reduce workplace injuries and accidents in workplaces under federal jurisdiction. Part II promotes workers’ health and safety with a focus on risk assessments and hazard analysis as a tool to prevent workplace exposures and physical accidents.
Participants in this program will gain an understanding of their responsibilities, learn how to resolve complaints and work refusals, identify and control work hazards, assist in an accident investigation, and finally mandatory annual reporting requirements.
With more than 32 years of experience in health & safety training, STS Group’s extensive and inclusive instructor lead training programs can be delivered either at your site, or at one of our scheduled locations.
Employers, managers, supervisors and employees that work within the federal jurisdiction such as:
- The Federal Government and Crown Corporations
- Banking Industry
- Transportation - airports, railways, trucking etc.
- Exploration of and development of petroleum on lands subject to federal jurisdiction.
Some of the topics include but are not limited to the following areas of training:
- Introduction and Internal Responsibility System
- Rights and responsibilities of employers (managers and supervisors)
- Ways to meet employer responsibilities
- Due diligence
- Rights and responsibilities of employees
- Responsibilities of health and safety committees and representatives
- Workplace inspections
- Resolving complaints and work refusals
- Incident investigation
- Enforcement and consequences of non-compliance
- Criminal liability
- Mandatory reporting requirements
Minimum 5 persons per session.