This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
February 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Employers are required to ensure that their workers have received instruction, training and testing prior to the operation of any forklifts or powered lift trucks. Workers must be familiar with performing pre-use inspections, the operation procedures and should be able to demonstrate competency in accordance with the MOL’s Guidelines for The Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks.
STS Group’s Forklift training program is designed to provide the operator with the skills and knowledge required to become a Safe Forklift Operator. This course is ideal for both new and experienced operators, as it is designed to reinforce the importance of proper safety and handling techniques.
Mandatory for all workers who operate forklifts.
CSA B335-15, Ont. Reg. 851, Ont. Reg. 67, Ont. Reg. 213/91, OHSA S.25.
- Legislative Requirements
- Causes of Forklift Accidents and Incidents
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Hazard Identification: Eliminating and Controlling
- Forklift Safe Operation Procedures
- Forklift Pre-Use Inspection, maintenance and records
- Centre of Gravity
- Lift capacity and load limitations of forklift
- Speed, Acceleration, Sharp Cornering
- Forklift Components
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
Written and Practical Assessment