This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Federal Health And Safety Representative Training
February 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$199
STS Group’s Health and Safety Representative training is a half-day, instructor led course which is designed to provide workers of federally-regulated companies with the necessary tools and skills required to make effective recommendations to management through knowledge, inspection, and communication.
Workers, supervisors, managers of federally regulated companies include the federal government, broadcasting, telecommunications, railways, banks, airport transportation, ship yards, and transportation companies.
Topics included but are not limited to the following:
- Rights, duties and responsibilities of the workplace parties;
- Duties and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Representative under CLC Part II;
- Common workplace hazards;
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation (RACE methodology) of hazard controls;
- Resolving workplace issues, including work refusals
- Health and safety resources available to the workplace parties.
- In addition to a basic HSR training program, HSRs should take sector specific health and safety training to address hazards that are specific to their workplaces
Participant manual, printout of Canada labour Code, test, record of attendance and wall certificate.
Additional information and resources:
- Legislative Reference: Canada Labour Code ss. 125. 1(z), 125. 1(z.01)