This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Confined Space Awareness Training
February 21 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$150
Confined spaces are dangerous and can be found in many workplaces including construction sites, municipalities, hospitals, factories and others. Failure to identify a confined space and to properly assess the hazards in these spaces and create an entry plan can lead to catastrophes.
STS Group’s Confined Awareness training is designed to provide supervisors, entrants and attendants with knowledge of the regulations and how to work safely in and around confined spaces. If you have a confined space on-site, all workers should be trained in the hazards of confined space and this course offers general knowledge and awareness which must be given before anyone works around a confined space.
Entrants, attendants, supervisors
- Responsibilities of Workplace Parties (employer, supervisors, workers)
- Elements of a Confined Space Program
- Hazard Assessment: Recognizing, Assessing, Controlling or Eliminating Hazards
- Entry Plan and Entry Permits
- Rescue Planning
Written and Practical Assessment
Minimum 4 Persons per group.
- Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s.119.7 (1)
- Ont. Reg. 67/93 Health Care and Residential Facilities s. 43.6 (1)
- Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects s. 221.7 (1)
- Ont. Reg. 632/05 Confined Spaces