This course date has passed. To inquire about future bookings, please click here.
Chainsaw Awareness Training
February 22 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$120
Chainsaws if used incorrectly, can be one of the most dangerous tools. Unsafe, incorrect or careless operation of a chainsaw can result in serious injuries to both the operator and others nearby.
This STS Group’s Chainsaw Safety training program is designed to provide the user with knowledge of the hazards associated with chainsaw use, chainsaw safety features, the use of proper personal protective equipment and safe operating techniques and procedures.
Forestry workers such as loggers, fallers, buckers, limbers, choppers, landing chasers, logging operators, employers, and others who use chainsaws as part of their operation.
Topics included but not limited to:
- Common hazards and protection measures
- Starting the saw while it is safely on the ground
- Forces – Pull, Push and Kickback
- Vibrations, Noise
- Flying debris
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Safe operating techniques
- Preparing and maintaining the saw
- Operating the saw
- Transporting and storing the saw
- Storing the saw
- Safe operating procedures
- Parts of the chainsaw
- Saw maintenance and sharpening
- Effective tree-cutting techniques, including notching and cutting, limbing and bucking, with a strong emphasis on safety
- Forestry danger zones and hazardous trees
- Proper stance
- Operator fatigue
Written and Practical Assessment
Minimum 5 Persons per group.