- Location Montecassino Hotel, 3710 Chesswood Drive, Toronto
- Class Size Public or Client Location
- Duration 1 Day (8 Hours)
- Price: $160.00 + HST per person
STS Group is a MOL Approved Working at Heights Training Provider.
Target Audience: Workers who are required to work at heights in construction, as well employees who are Joint Health and Safety Committee members, Managers and Supervisors
Legislation: The Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Regulation 851, 213/91 S.7
Course Overview: Everyday, workers are killed as a result of falling from heights. Be sure your employees receive industry leading training, delivered by industry leading specialists who have first hand experience using the right equipment, at the right time. STS Group trainers help to ensure that employees working at heights receive the necessary knowledge, training and experience and can identify all workplace hazards and know what the legislative standards dictate.
The MOL has developed new training standards for Working at Heights. Workers who have Fall Protection Training may be required to take the new MOL Working at Heights training standards and program to become certified.This 8 hour training program is divided into 2 parts: Part 1 is theory based and Part 2 is practical based.
Part 1 (Theory Based)
- Module 1: Introduction to Working at Heights
- Module 2: Rights and Responsibilities (OHSA)
- Module 3: Identification of Hazards of Working at Heights: Recognition, Assessment, Controlling and Eliminating
- Module 4: Warning Methods and Physical Barriers (Ladders and Similar Equipment), Personal Fall Protection Equipment
Part 2 (Practical Based)
- Module 4: Barriers and Other Fixed Equipment and Personal Protection Equipment
- Module 5: The Anchor Point and Work Access Equipment and Platforms and Rescue Planning
Evaluation: In-Class Case Studies and Assignments, Written and Practical Assessment
Certification: Working at Heights Wallet Card and letter from the MOL
Validity: 3 years
Additional Pricing: Call our office (416) 635-7800 for group rates of 7 or more participants.